Application Open from 15 January – 26 January and Selected on a First Come, First Served Basis
The 67th session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) is quickly approaching. There will be a High Level Segment happening on 14-15 March, with the regular session happening on 18-22 March 2024. During the Regular Session (18-22 March), NGOs have the opportunity to organize and support side events that are open to all attendees of the CND.
The application to organize side events during the Regular Session (18-22 March) opens Monday, 15 January at midnight CET and closes 26 January. Please note that side events will be accomodated on a first-come, first served basis so submit your application as soon as possible. Click here to access the application template.
To submit an application to organize side events, you must be a non governmental organization (NGO) with consultative status with ECOSOC. An organization can only organize up to one side event. However, there can be multiple supporting organizations; meaning an organization can organize their own side event as well as support other organizations’ side events. To support another organization’s side event, you must collaborate with that organization as they are responsible to collect the supporting requests and submit a list of supporting organizations. See the following for important dates relating to side events.
Organizing a side event:
- Application period: 15 – 26 January with selection occurring on a first-come, first served basis
- Access the application here
- Prepare in advance by reviewing the application template here
- Any promotional material related to the side event must be submitted for review in electronic format to email@example.com by 8 March 2024
- For an online only side event, a link to the access the event must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 March 2024
- Submit a short summary of the event (max 150 words in English) to email@example.com by 29 March for inclusion on the Commission website
Supporting a side event:
- Organizer responsible to collect all supporting requests
- Submit a final list of supporting organizations through email by 15 February to firstname.lastname@example.org