The Journal of Global Drug Policy and Practice
The Journal of Global Drug Policy and Practice is an international journal with the goal of bridging the information gap on drug policy issues between the medical-scientific community, policymakers, practitioners and the lay public. Our intended readership includes clinicians, clinical researchers, policymakers, prevention specialists and other persons interested in understanding drug policy issues or in providing drug policy recommendations. The Journal of Global Drug Policy and Practice is a joint effort of the Institute on Global Drug Policy and the International Scientific and Medical Forum on Drug Abuse.
The Institute on Global Drug Policy is an alliance of physicians, scientists, attorneys and drug specialists advocating public policies that curtail the use of illicit and misuse of licit drugs and alcohol.
The International Scientific and Medical Forum on Drug Abuse is a brain trust of the world’s leading researchers involved in drug-related research and physicians concerned about the drug abuse problem. This group helps to dispel misinformation related to current drug issues in the media.
Our Editorial Board consists of respected professionals in drug policy, practice and substance abuse prevention.
- Andrea G. Barthwell, MD, FASAM, Founder/Director, Two Dreams
- Peter Bensinger, President/CEO, Bensinger, Dupont & Associates, Former Administrator of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration
- Robert L. DuPont, MD, President of the Institute for Behavior and Health, Inc.
- David G. Evans, Esq., Drug Free Schools Coalition
- Calvina Fay, MBA, Executive Director (ret.), Drug Free America Foundation
- John F. Gilligan, Ph.D., President, Emeritus Fayette Companies
- David A. Gross, MD, DLFAPA Chair, International Scientific and Medical Forum on Drug Abuse
- Edward A. Jacobs, MD, Everett Clinic
- Ambassador (RET) Melvyn Levitsky, Professor, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- Colin Mangham, Ph.D., Population Health Promotion Associates, Canada
- Ian Oliver, Ph.D., Former Chief Constable of Scotland’s Central and Grampian Police
- (Albert) Stuart Reece, MBBS(Hons.), FRCS (Ed.), FRCS(Glas.), FRACGP, MD(UNSW), Worldmedicalguide, Southcity Medical Centre and Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Western Australia
- Kevin A. Sabet, Ph.D., Director, University of Florida, Division of Addiction Medicine, Drug Policy Institute
- Peter Stoker, C. Eng., MICE (Retd.), Director, National Drug Prevention Alliance
- Eric A. Voth, MD, FACP, Chair of the Institute on Global Drug Policy
General questions or comments about the journal may be submitted to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us to receive email updates on upcoming issues.
We welcome submissions. Check out our Information for Authors here.