Today, the National Drug-Free Workplace Alliance the workplace division of Drug Free America Foundation, is emphasizing the importance of drug-free workplace programs that place the safety and health of workers above all else. Here are some points to remember:
• 9% of full-time workers are dependent on or abuse alcohol or drugs.
• Workplace drug use can lead to a drop in employee morale and productivity and an increase in abesnteeism and accidents.
• A drug-free workplace allows employees to get help and supports recovery for those who are returnining to work and productivity.
The National Drug-Free Workplace Alliance is a national provider of drug free workplace programs, including policy and forms, drug testing set-up, access to EAPs, online employee and suupervisor training programs for non-DOT and DOT-regulated businesses, and is located in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- National Drug-Free Work Week Resources
- National Drug-Free Workplace Alliance Infomration
- OSHA Occupational Accident Cost Calculator
- Alcohol Cost Calculator
- What Will Legal Marijuana Cost Employers
- The Impacts of Marijuana and Opioids on Today’s Workplace PPT
- The Impacts of Marijuana and Opioids on Today’s Workplace Recording